Clan VoJ

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Olannon
VoJ Chieftain
VoJ Chieftain

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2006-07-30

PostSubject: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 25 Feb - 3:58

As our goal is to get good and better games, we are obviously looking to play DotA. Primarily, the thought was clan/fun wars organized at least once/twice per week.

However, the chances of InHouse games spawning would be there I guess, with only decent players we know, meaning no flaming, no leaving etc.

Some players have also mentioned the possibility of creating a small league. This can be done a la dota-league.com with set matches, def dates, points etc, or we could make our own system. If someone feels that this would ruin the nice atmosphere we're trying to create here, we will probably not go through with it. However, the majority rules Smile

So, what do you want from this network, and how?

~Olannon

radule
Rune Co

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 27 Feb - 8:01

I am currently speaking in the name of myself and my teammates.

From this network we expect to have prescheduled dates and times of when we can play funwars or inhouse games with reliable and mannered players. We had problems finding decent opponents when some of the clans we knew were not ready to play, so we thought this was the best way of that thing not happening again.

I do not agree that we make league out of this, because I want this to be the place where we could try out new strategies, lineups and so, and maybe play some fun inhouse ap or rd (or ar :p) games. I don't know about the opinion of my teammates but I doubt that they will post here something anytime soon.

We would have to designate days and times in the week when we could gather for SURE, designate a place (one of the Clan channels I presume) and have fun then.

We could also make a thread about participating clans, so that a clan who could not make it that day could say it in advance, and where maybe we could in advance plan the matchups between clans who can participate.

Regarding the usage of TS/Vent/GGC: I do not know if we should make mandatory for participants in this network to use the following programs, 'cause I (and TR members) still have problems in our game-caffes (we play mainly from them 'cause some of the members don't have decent Inet connections @ home) like that we got Vent but do not have Mics so we can listen but not verbally communicate, we have GGC in one net-caffe but its rather small and I do not know in advance if we can get the spots there etc etc.

Regarding the network itself, if it expands a lot we could consider forming a small league, but for now I preffer that we maybe have some sort of a tournament (Cup system, without w/l brackets, BO1 or 3 if we have time) lets say once a month, so that in that way we can add a little competitorship in the whole thing.

Nothing else falls on my mind atm so I'm turning off. Regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexus2002

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Wed 28 Feb - 17:36

I'm completly with radule. No league system for me, cause we allready have this at dota-league.com

Let's have fun with some inhouse games. Also we can make Topics about interesting games (replays included) so we all can discuss new strategies and good/bad points in gaming of some players. I want to get some response on our playing and some new ideas so we can all learn from eachother (well, in short just say: i want a good training Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HansiIsMyGod
Rune Master

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2006-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Fri 2 Mar - 4:05

I think that Cup system is actually a good idea. A little bit of competition is always welcome and it wont stress players as much is ihl might do.

I would like to point out that good ih games should be the priority of this network and that cup/league should, at least for some time, remain a filler concept .

...Although, I am looking forward to this league concept, we still need to hook more clans. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HansiIsMyGod
Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Fri 2 Mar - 4:22

Nexus2002 wrote:

Let's have fun with some inhouse games. Also we can make Topics about interesting games (replays included) so we all can discuss new strategies and good/bad points in gaming of some players. I want to get some response on our playing and some new ideas so we can all learn from eachother (well, in short just say: i want a good training Wink )

Perhaps we should make all future network replays available for download. It would mean a lot to me, and I believe, to most of the participating teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bLub

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 4 Mar - 11:47

i want skilled and mannered fws and inhousegames from this project and at least i want to know some more players i think thats all

i think cup sysmstem or anything like that isnt a good idea
1. we are to less
2. i woudnt care about it i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radule
Rune Co

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 4 Mar - 19:59

Please bLub, first explain who you are and present yourself, and than I might just take your "reply" into consideration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radule
Rune Co

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 4 Mar - 20:12

Also, could we get the party started here. I propose that we all propose days/times of the week when we (like Clans) are able to play. For clan TR I think the good times for playing this shit are Friday and Sunday (when there is no DL, ofc) late evening hours, around 20:00 CET ++.

And we could make it some other days in the week also, I think, so make your proposals, so that we can come to an agreement.

Regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olannon
VoJ Chieftain
VoJ Chieftain

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Mon 5 Mar - 8:52

I agree, we should put a starting date - a time of which we should all try to be online and throw a few games around to get this off with more than just thoughts on the net Smile

Immortal
Grunt

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Mon 5 Mar - 11:45

Well, I'll continue with propositions, then Razz :
I suggest we can have inhouse games and fw's @ 19:30 pm which is the default time for CWs anyway, on, let's say, maybe Monday and Thursday? The dates don't really matter to me because I usually have time in the evenings except for Tuesday.
Greets, Immortal

Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 6 Mar - 14:20

Friday and Sunday (maybe Saturday also) is a good proposal. During the week is not suitable enough for me. I just have too much obligations. gf, studies, friends etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HansiIsMyGod
Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 6 Mar - 14:25

I think that it will be also a good idea for clan leaders to share MSN accounts with each other, just to stay in touch. After all, we are all looking forward to a friendly atmosphere, and staying in contact will not just accomplish that but it will also make it a lot easier to arrange and manage games. What do you fellows think ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radule
Rune Co

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 6 Mar - 19:08

Well it seems that all the ppl from our clan (except Hansi) have no life and can play each day from 19:00 + CET ^^ We will have to talk to Hansi to don't get so much of life so he can play too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HansiIsMyGod
Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sat 17 Mar - 9:01

Lets get this started as soon as possible. We have 7 participating clans atm which is more than enough.

I'll have to talk with my team but I think that any day during the next week will be suitable enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olannon
VoJ Chieftain
VoJ Chieftain

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 18 Mar - 15:14

I agree, let's get this party started.

Uhm, first of all I think we should have some inhouse games where we just play with other friendly, mannered and skilled players. The goal of these games is to have good DotA games in a more public style, except there will be no noobs/leavers.

I suggest that, as such, we set aside 2 days (at least, hopefully) this week where we meet (as many as possible) in a channel on battle.net. From there we try to get several games going. Since the intention is to mix things up and get to know eachother and avoid total clan war lineups, I suggest we play -sprd. This ensures hero variety and player variety, and we can hopefully have good games.

What do you think? Also add a day/time you think we could/should meet up Smile

Cheers

Immortal
Grunt

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Mon 19 Mar - 12:04

I'd suggest Wednesday or maybe Thursday and then at the Weekend (Sunday would probably be best because of going out @ Friday and Saturday) and for the time, I would say 19:00 CET earliest.
Greets

Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Mon 19 Mar - 16:38

Thursday and Sunday. 19 CET
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radule
Rune Co

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Mon 19 Mar - 16:54

Can't thursday, mb wednesday//sunday wouldn't be bad Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HansiIsMyGod
Rune Master

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 20 Mar - 16:07

So, its Wednesday and Sunday for TR. Let's finish this discussion as soon as possible. Reply fast, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bLub

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Sun 1 Apr - 7:55

hmm mbe we should find a channel where we all can meet if we search for a game as best would be a clan channel with bot otherewise we should choose an othere channel cause clan channels arent public wich means if noone is in that channel noone who isnt from this clan can join it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelos

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   Tue 3 Apr - 13:39

Sunday Wen ==== Ok for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?   

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming! What do we want to do with this network?
Page 1 of 1